Click here (PDF) for a printable, one-page version of this résumé.
Senior Software Developer (2015-Present)
BLDG-25 (Cary, NC)
- Work on a small development team creating, maintaining, and deploying web apps with a focus on elearning with great UX.
- Use a full stack of modern tools including PHP7, Laravel, Doctrine ORM, Sass, and Angular2.
- Use existing tools or work from scratch to build features including task queuing, email notifications, and plugin architecture.
- Participate in Agile workflow using Trello and previously JIRA.
- Help with UX design process.
Web Developer & Web Designer (2014–Present)
Freelance (Durham, NC)
- Develop, design, and launch WordPress-based sites for clients.
- Create custom plugins and themes to meet client and user needs.
- Create responsive, cross–browser compatible sites.
Web Developer, Web Designer, & IT Associate (2011–2014)
The International Preschools (New York, NY)
- Managed all aspects of the schools’ WordPress-based site, including development, UX design, and maintenance.
- Worked with a small team to develop a secure portal allowing parents to see content customized for their family.
- Added website features including online applications, daily digest emails for parents, and ecommerce for program registration.
- Worked with the IT Coordinator on the schools’ non-website IT needs, including help desk duties.
Frameworks & Libraries
Amherst College, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy (2004–2008)
- Took two semesters of Computer Science classes focusing on Java programming.
- Tutored two semesters of Java programming for CS students.
NYU, non-credit courses (2014)
- Advanced PHP with MySQL
- Demystifying UX Design
- UX Design 1
Email: jack at byersprojects dot com